This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Holivans Caravan & Leisure Park
Situated on the East Coast of England, close to the resort of Mablethorpe, Holivans Caravan Park is ideal for a short break or holiday.
Located 300 feet from the sand dunes and beach, we cater for touring caravans and have privately owned caravan holiday homes on the park. The park is located on predominantly flat ground.
The pitches for touring caravans and motorhomes are adjacent to all the main facilities. We have wheelchair accessible toilets and washing facilities, which include a level entry shower and handrails.
There is also a public house and a convenient launderette on site to make your stay as relaxing as possible.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is LN12 1QH to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Skegness, 19 miles away. It is possible to take a bus or taxi from Skegness to complete your journey. An accessible taxi can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The No. 9, 9a and 9b buses run from Skegness approx. every hour to Mablethorpe town centre. For timetable details see www.stagecoachbus.com. A bus can then be taken to Mablethorpe North End. The nearest bus stop, is 300 feet from the site near the sand dunes and is not wheelchair accessable. Ask the driver for the stop at Holivans. Alternatively, an accessible taxi can be booked in advance from Mablethorpe town centre, see contact information for details.
- The main road outside the site has a wide tarmac path.
- A local company supplies equipment for hire, see Contact Information for details.
- Our brochure and this Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- The Park Reception has parking for up to 4 cars and 2 touring vans.
- The Park is lit with lamp posts at night and the entrance to Reception is well lit. There is a dropped kerb giving pavement access near Reception. There is a small step outside Reception. For guests who have difficulty, please ring Reception on 01507 473327 for assistance registering.
- Within the site there are drop off points with dropped kerbs and parking available in close proximity to the public house, public WCs/washrooms and laundry.
- There is a small step at the reception entrance. The double doors are 1420 mm/56 ins wide. There is a choice of seating in the reception area, which can be used as an alternative space for check-in.
- The floor surface throughout the reception is a wooden parquet floor. The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting.
- A magnifying glass, pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- We can show you to your pitch on request.
- We have several pitches for touring caravans and motorhomes. All pitches are level grass.
- Assistance with pitching is offered, subject to staff availability.
- Parking on the grass beside your caravan is permitted.
- There are numerous water points, a chemical toilet disposal point, a dustbin area, a green waste recycling point and fire points on the park which are no further than 50 metres away from any pitch.
- Pitches are allocated on booking and staff are happy to advise which pitches are suitable for your requirements.
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- The toilets and showers have level access, which is located close to the reception. Parking is available outside.
- The toilets and showers have a unisex accessible toilet with a level entry shower, described below:
- Entrance door 840mm/33 ins wide and level entry into the toilet.
- 1630mm/64 ins transfer space to the right of the toilet, when facing the toilet.
- The toilet height is 460mm/18ins.
- Vertical rails either side of the basin and toilet and in the shower area.
- A horizontal rail on the sidewall adjacent to the toilet.
- The flooring is non-slip floor tiles.
- The showers and toilets are well lit with LED overhead lighting operated by a motion sensor detector
- There is a large wash basin; height is 690mm/27 ins with lever taps.
- There is colour contrast with critical surfaces; wall tiles are green, floor tiles are grey and toilet and washbasins are white.
- Public Toilets which are located near the main entrance to the public house and are level throughout.
- There are parking spaces by the entrance to the launderette.
- There is a small step to access the launderette and it is level throughout.
- The door opening is 830mm/32.7 ins wide, easy to open.
- All the washing machines are top loading (height 91.5cm).
- Iron and on/off switch is accessible from seated or standing position and ironing board is adjustable.
- The flooring is non-slip laminate.
- The area is well lit with fluorescent tube overhead lighting.
- There is a shop in the Reception building where you can purchase a basic range of household goods, toiletries and caravan spares. This shares the same entrance and parking as the reception. (see Reception section).
- The shop is level throughout.
Clubs and Entertainment
- We have a entertainment in the main bar nearly every weekend during the main season.
- There are 16 steps to access the Public House via the main stairs. There are 17 steps to access the Lounge Bar. A pool table is located in the Lounge Bar A stairlift up to the Public House is also available.
- The flooring is short pile carpet and the dance floor is wood.
- Chairs and seating can be arranged to suit.
- The nearest public toilet is by the entrance to the public house
Grounds and Garden
- The park is large and spacious; the distance from the main entrance to the path to the beach at the top of the park is 1800 feet (approx), the width of the park is 300 feet and it is mainly flat.
- The paths around the park and leading to the beach are 13 feet wide and relatively flat. Access to the beach is by crossing Quebec Road with 10 steps to access the sand dunes. The sand dunes are protected with chestnut fencing which in some areas is partially buried by sand. Visitors are warned of the potential danger of tripping and injury. There are various paths in the sand dunes to the beach. These paths are not really wheelchair friendly. The nearest wheelchair friendly access to the beach is 3/4 of a mile away on the main promenade at Mablethorpe.
- All of our staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
- A water bowl is available just outside the Reception for assistance dogs.
- All facilities are clearly signposted. Clear signage is used throughout the park using Arial font large black letters on a white background and pictograms.
- We have an area where a mobility scooter can be charged, please ask at reception.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 15 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 1.4 miles away. Please contact reception for further information.
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and details of their Access Statements for information, where available.
Address (Inc postcode):
Holivans Ltd Quebec Road Mablethorpe Lincolnshire LN12 1QH
O/S Map Reference: TF 4990 8655
Hours Of Operation:
9am - 5pm
Marisco Medical Practice, Stanley Avenue, Mablethorpe, LN12 1DP Tel: 01507 473483
Local Equipment Hire:
Seacroft Mobility, 84-86 High Street, Mablethorpe, LN12 1AS Tel: 01507 473500
Local Accessible Taxi:
Streetkars Tel: 01507 477256
Local Public Transport:
Stagecoach Buses Tel:0845 605 0 605 Grayscroft Bus Services Tel: 01507 473236