David Bellamy Conservation Awards are made each year to parks which can demonstrate policies showing active concern for the environment. David Bellamy looks at virtually every aspect of park management - from the protection of plant and animal habitats to the efficient use of energy and recycling.
We have since received the following awards:
- 2009-2017 Gold David Bellamy Conservation Award
- Special Distinction Award in the 2011 David Bellamy Conservation Award Scheme
Holivans Environmental Policy
- Work to enhance the value of our park for wildlife.
- Comply with the requirements of relevant environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- Assess the environmental impact of all current and likely operations.
- Reduce pollution and waste produced by our park operations.
- Reduce the consumption of all raw materials (including water), energy and supplies on our park.
- Train employees in environmental matters and encourage them to take a lead on environmental improvement projects.
- Expect high environmental standards from all our suppliers and contractors.
- Help our customers do their bit for the environment.
- Help our customers to enjoy the wildlife on the park and to participate in its conservation.
- Work as a "good neighbour" in our locality by supporting our local community and economy.
Click any image to enlarge: